Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lump in her throat... Part One

I do not have one memory as a child that doesn't have my sister by my side.  Whether it was lunch recess in 2nd grade or night time on a bunk bed with giggles that wouldn't stop.   We were each others protectors and best friends.  I never felt alone because I always had her.  Through college, careers, families, and distance we have shared in each others triumphs and lightened each others dark.  Fast forward to our current stations- My sister, a talented, and beautiful woman who has been across the world--graduated in Graphic Design--is offered a job two hours from home--and finds herself in Logan,UT--knowing no one, she embarks on a journey of self discovery.  What does she find?  That she absolutely loves what she does, she finds her passion in design.  Now me--a ridiculously dedicated teacher by trade and by heart has a beautiful baby girl and life changes.   What felt like a seriously difficult choice to stay home has transformed into one of the best decisions I have made in my life.  Her round chubby cheeks framed by dark brown hair are plumped up, ready to pinch, because of the huge grin she is giving me as I type this.  Add to that the giant steely blue eyes that seem to always be talking even when she's quiet and I get lost in her love.  Still--with all the blessings we can't even count--something is missing...enter Robert Frost.


At the recommendation of my sisters Art Director she began listening to a design podcast called...well I will let her tell you this part...

1 comments:

LaCimOuRiTsEn said...

Aren't sisters wonderful. I sure love Erika with all my heart. I love both of you as well and absolutely consider you my SISTERS!