Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Good Design from the Start...

Dear Readers,


Here is a new book out this month that pokes a little fun at the IPAD, Kindle, Nook, there is a little silliness in these toys...Yes you heard me silliness.  I love paper, I love ink, I love pages...so sue me...you do not have to agree with me but you do have to admit this book is pretty cool.  And remember to use the kid side of your brain, the side that still wonders, is surprised, gets giddy about things...
via small for big



Also, check out the books website for fun downloads.  I had been planning a post about children's books to love and this seemed like the perfect beginning.  


Here is my top 10...well...let me qualify that, I have endless top tens I could share but this one, this one is the books that students in my class would pause for...we could pause a bad day with these books, because they speak to children-they lend themselves to good storytelling, and instantly pull children in.  


“The early years set the stage for later learning…the single most important activity for building the knowledge required for eventual success in reading is reading aloud to children."” 


If that's not enough, take a look at this list--NYC Libraries {Top 100 Books Everyone Should Read}.  There are top 100 lists all over the web but most only differ by a few books..download the list and see how many you have read.  I think I will share a few more lists later...there are too many good ones not to.  Remember 20 minutes a day...now that's the teacher coming out...but truly 20 minutes a day of reading makes a huge difference in the life of a child.  


Happy reading!
AshLee

0 comments: