Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Momma Day Bunting and Packaging

Dear Friend,

 My back went out-it is one of those inconvenient things that happen to me sometimes.  Usually brought on by stress and not taking the time to work out.  I need to do Tai Chi again and take time for me.  It is painful but seems to be my bodies alarm system to make me take a time out and reassess how to make time for myself, so in that way I am grateful for the reminder.  By the end of the week I will be as good as new and have a renewed determination to take care of myself so I can take better care of my family.  I know I am not alone in finding this balance...how do you do it?

I had Rod help me get propped up to the kitchen table and I made these lovelies for May and Mother's Day.  May is a great month-the hubs and I were married 6 years ago on Thursday and my birthday is on the 11th and his is on the 16th.  With Mother's Day packed in on the 8th and May being the month of graduation and weddings it is a non-stop celebration filled with family and friends, we love it!


Pretty packaging, make 4 felt bows and then glue them at a diagonal.  For the wrap I single crocheted a strand of gold yarn and double wrapped the box.  


Fun felt bow bunting, for this one I made 12 felt bows, single crocheted 18 feet of the gold yarn, and pulled out a length of grey quilt binding.   First, I measured the drape of my bunting with the quilt binding and cut it to size and laid it out on the table.  Second, I took my crocheted gold chain and draped it across the binding positioning it evenly and using thread tacked the gatherings to the binding.  Last, I hot glued on the bows and had the hub hang it for me.  It took about an hour from start to finish and I love how it turned out.  It compliments the felt bow bouquet so very nicely in my kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by,
AshLee

0 comments: