Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Egg Color Wheel




 



Dear Readers,

One last Easter project and this one was an experiment.  On the same day as the Tiny Artist Easter Eggs I had an idea and wanted to see what would happen.  A version of this could be used with older kids and since I am just a little kid at heart it's perfect for me.  Sadly I had to do this while McGilly was napping because she wanted so badly to get into that color.

I took 11 cups and added the drops of food coloring listed above.  To each cup I also added 2 Tablespoons of vinegar and 3/4 cup warm water.  Then I rubber banded my eggs for a stripy effect and dropped them in.  I left them in for 10 minutes because I wanted them to be vibrant.  I love the result but it wasn't quite what I had expected.  Wouldn't this be fun to challenge older kids to create the color wheel.  I think I want to try again with different dye, perhaps a better quality dye, but I think they are lovely anyway...what is your favorite way to dye eggs?

Pleasantly surprised,
AshLee

0 comments: