Thursday, April 7, 2011

Symbiotic Design?

Symbiosis: any interdependent or mutually beneficial relationship between two persons, groups, etc.




Dear Reader,


Here was a train of thought I had this afternoon--


Wow, McGilly is getting so big-
I can remember, like it was yesterday, 
her papa saying with gallons of surprise--It's a girl!!!! 
{See, we thought she was a boy until she was born.}
And then how I instantly fell in love, it was heaven holding my baby GIRL for the first time.
Then I started to think about what a great big sister she's going to be,
{No mom, I am not pregnant.}
I wondered about whether it will be a boy or a girl,
I would love to have a boy, their energy, their toys, I love boy stuff, and I love my little brother...
and then I thought about my sisters- my amazing sisters- 
and the special bond we all share.




Amber, {my irish twin sister-only 13 months apart} is going to Connecticut for a few weeks for a design job.  I was so happy for her but in the back of my mind I was worried.  Worried that if that two week job turned into a permanent one, what would happen to our little company.  I thought about it and decided I would keep going forward, probably at a slower pace but I would continue on.  As I was thinking about this what if, I realized how unique our creative process is.  It is totally symbiotic.  There is not one design we have that isn't a dual creation from the birth of the idea.  Two Penny Blue can't be just me or just Amber because our creative process is so intertwined.  But then again that is how our lives have been.  Symbiotic sisters-I would not be who I am today without her.  She has been my constant comrade through this life and that makes me pretty lucky.  Double lucky if you count the loveliness of our younger sis Bailey and triple when you throw in the awesomeness of our baby bro, JT.  We are oh so good together.


So here is my conclusion,


I think I want twins...




I hope you have an inspiring day and if not, have no fear, Bijou is here!
Bijou is tomorrow!
AshLee




*Do you have someone who has always been there for you?  Who is your constant comrade?  
Please won't you share?


+ Shauna, beautiful picture




0 comments: