Friday, February 25, 2011

Babysitting Fun-Superheroes and Forts

{Hostess with the Mostess}


Dear Reader,

 On Thursday I got to go and play with my two little cousins Hunter and Conner, they are 4 and 3.  The day began with some talk of an upcoming birthday {Hunter's} that he told me is going to include superheroes-and the last thing we did was made a tent city with blankets and furniture in the front room.  The middle was filled with climbing, snacks, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, chess, puzzles, potty breaks, I Spy, a little leap frog, and a little brotherly arguing and making up.  These two are as energetic as they are imaginitive and I love them.  I love boy stuff too-forts {we have a permanent one in the front room for McGilly} and superheros made me want to go scavenging for some fun things under those topics.  Here is the best of what I found...*

 How lovely to give the traditional commericialized super hero party a {Lichtenstein} makeover, absolutely love it.  Also, be on the lookout for Two Penny Blue's Packaged Party: Superhero Style and Packaged Party: Pirate Style, to help you with your next adventurous party.
{release date: May 1st}



 Make sure to take a look at Hostess with the Mostess and their description of the party, I wished I were invited it looked like a blast! 
+++Here is a helpful hint for that cool line drawn poster of the birthday boy-if you go to {Crayola's website} you can upload a photo and it will turn it into a color page-you can even add a superhero speech bubble, then take it to a local print shop and for about 5 dollars you can have it enlarged to superhero size!


This Month on {Made by Rae} she is spotlighting wonderful things for Boys,
this is a DIY tutorial by {Beeper Bebe}


Some fun finds on Etsy,
also the creators of the party above {andersruff} have a shop with printable supplies.



                                                      {Craftymamaky}


                                                     {Two Sugar Babies}



Love it, don't you! 
I found a whole file of creative toysmany of which I love so much they will be e-mailed to McGilly's grandparents for her first birthday coming up in April.  I decided I will save these for next week so stay tuned. 

Have a Super Saturday!
AshLee


*Carina, I hope these give you good ideas for the party-they always throw the funnest parties.

0 comments: