Thursday, March 3, 2011

a pretty powerful thing...

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like
wrapping a present and not giving it. -William Arthur Ward
Dear Reader,


While McGilly was asleep today I sent 75 emails to those bloggers that we linked to in our free printable directory.  When we decided to make the directory my goals were to...


One. gather beautiful and free designs from the web
Two. organize them
Three. Put them on the blog as a resource for others to find the wonderful blogs that provided them
Four.  Thank those generous and talented bloggers personally
Five. Keep adding to it, use it and spotlight the blogs and bloggers in it.


No. 1-3 has been accomplished over the last month.  Today I accomplished No. 4.  I wrote each of those bloggers a small note in a Word file over the last couple of days and then today I pasted the messages into an e-mail that contained a thank you note, thank you package of printables, and links for them to see our store and blog.  I hope they felt our sincerity, we have been inspired by these bloggers, their talent, vision, sense of humor, intelligence, style, and generosity has amazed us and we wanted to thank them for that.  


I have a handful left because some of the printables are new, I also have big plans for organizing it a little more but it's a start.   Our plans for the future include making some of them and doing a post about it, and spotlighting specific bloggers and the designs we have linked to from their blog.


Today was a great day-all of which I will not share here but I think it has something to do with that peace you get when you realize how grateful you are.  I am grateful for many reasons today--my cup runneth over.  I believe a large part of that is simply from the process of expressing gratitude, it's a pretty powerful thing.  


Also, for anyone who becomes a follower or leaves a comment {basically provides us with your e-mail} we have a special little package for you too so don't feel left out.  


I too am grateful for you, our readers,


AshLee


When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears. -Anthony Robbins

0 comments: